After registering for a Business Account successfully on PayFast, you will normally get a Merchant Key and Merchant ID allocated to your new account.
Both your Merchant ID and Merchant Key are required to integrate PayFast into your website.
Over and above that, PayFast enables you to provide a Passphrase to add to the security of your account. Even though the Passphrase is optional to start using your account, some e-commerce modules require it to allow online payments.
This Passphrase is not generated by PayFast, the account-holder has to login and create one. To create it, follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayFast account
- Go to 'Settings' > 'Integration' and you will see the 'Security Passphrase' section
- In this section, click on the 'Add' button on the right and a window will pop up.
- Paste a set of up to 32 random characters. These characters can be a mix lowercase and uppercase alphabets, the digits 0 to 9 and special characters .,-_/
- Copy the your new Passphrase for use later, and then press Update to save your changes.
- Save your Passphrase somewhere secure in a Password Manager if possible, and send it to your website/online shop developer.
Register for it at https://motalesystems.co.za/my-account. You will then receive an email with 2 links.
Such an account enables you to manage your account, projects and other details.
The first link will let you change your password, and the second one will land your on 'My Account' login page. Click on the first link and change the password.